Heat the olive oil in a pot, add the onion, the garlic and the spices and brown them for about 5 minutes, until they soften.
Add the rice, salt, pepper, stir and let it brown for 3-4 minutes, until it becomes shiny. Pour the broth and leave them cook until they start boiling.
Reduce heat to low and leave the rice to cook for about 20 minutes, until it softens and absorbs most of its liquids.
Then add the apricots and the pistachios, stir very well and cover the pot. Turn off the heat and leave the rice until it’s completely done and has absorbed all its liquids.
Place the rice in a platter, sprinkle the pomegranate all over it and serve.
- 45 ml. olive oil
- 1 dried onion, finely-diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely-diced
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (curcuma)
- 300 gr. rice for pilaf
- Salt, as much as desired
- Freshly grated pepper, as much as desired
- 900 ml vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons dried apricots, finely-diced
- 4 tablespoons pistachios (edible greenish nuts), diced
- 1 pomegranate, only the seeds